Discount Code "PETDAP10" for $10 OFF First Purchase (Min. spend $110)
Discount Code "PETDAP5" for $5 OFF First Purchase (Min. spend $55)
Discount Code "THANKYOU5" for 5% OFF Return Purchase (One-time use)
A Premium First-Use Formula for Small Birds
CONVERSION TO HARRISON'S: All birds should start out and remain on High Potency formula for a period of at least 6 months at approximately 70% of the total diet. Switch to Adult Lifetime formula after the 6-month introductory period.
BREEDING BIRDS: High Potency formula should be fed 1-2 months prior to the breeding period and continued until the chicks are weaned or for at least 6 months before resuming Adult Lifetime formula.
WEANING BIRDS: High Potency formula should be fed to weaning birds for at least 6-9 months.
- SPECIAL NEEDS: High Potency formula supports birds that are molting, overweight, underweight, particularly active, housed in a cold climate, recovering from an illness or affected by liver or kidney disease.
Ingredients & Nutrition
*Hulled Gray Millet, *Hull-less Barley, *Corn, *Toasted Soybeans, *Peanut Kernels, *Sunflower Kernels, *Peas, *Lentils, *Toasted Oat Groats, *Brown Rice, *Chia, *Alfalfa, Calcium Carbonate, Bentonite, Mixed Tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), *Sea Kelp, Salt, *Algae Meal, Vitamin/Mineral Supplement (Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate and *Sunflower Oil)
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Crude protein (min.) 20%, crude fat (min.) 12%, crude fiber (max.) 5%, moisture (max.) 10%.
Feeding & Storage Instructions
- Once converted to Harrison's Bird Foods birds should be fed in a planned daily regimen of individual meals.
- Feed fresh food daily, do not "top off".
Daily Feeding Amounts:
CANARY: 1 - 1 ¾g
FINCH: 1 - 1¾g
BUDGIE: 1½ - 3g
PARROTLET: 1½- 3g
COCKATIEL: 2 - 5g
LOVEBIRD: 2 - 5g
- Harrison's Bird Foods do not contain artificial preservatives.
- Do not repackage into other containers. Squeeze air out of bag, seal and store. If zip becomes damaged, roll bag down and clip shut with chip clip or clothespin.
- Once opened, a bag of Harrison's should be used up within 8 weeks.
- Storing food in fridge or freezer helps maintain freshness.
Most small birds as follows:
70% - High Potency Super Fine
20% - Fruits and Vegetables
10% - Source of omega 3
Vegetables & Fruits
- For most small birds, Harrison's suggests offering 20% fresh, nutrient-dense, organic vegetables and sprouts.
- See individual species for specific suggested items.
- Use of a gram scale is encouraged.
- Harrison's suggests a maximum of 10% of the daily diet be made up of rich sources of omega 3 items (organic chia, flax, hemp seeds etc. as well as certain nuts high in omega 3)
- Use of a gram scale is encouraged.
- The importance of exercise in pet birds cannot be understated. Learn more about ways for your bird to exercise.
- Some bird species require regular access to direct sunlight for optimal health.
- Life enrichment, ie; foraging activities, puzzle toys, frequent social interaction and other enrichment methods are necessary to keep most pet birds healthy and happy. A lonely, bored pet bird is more sucseptible to illness than a busy, active bird.
For Fresh & Raw Frozen (Food), Frozen & Chilled (Treats) type products from e.g. The Grateful Pet, Kefur Treats and BNB Happy Box, items cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned due to food safety reasons.
Lifestyle & Accessories items cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned due to hygiene reasons.
Reduced Price, Deals & Promotional items are non-refundable, non-exchangeable or returnable once fulfilled.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.